News & Events
Have a Parish News Story Suggestion?
Plus Check our Calendar for all events
Never Miss a Single Event
Sign up for our Church eblasts
Call or Text Dave at 201-406-9471
There are many places on Campus to say the Rosary - Mary's Grotto, The Church, The Rosary Garden at the Spiritual Center or The Gazabo
Come to Pray!
Your Generous Donations are Needed
Helping the Healers
As of May 2nd, they have made and donated 1,733 Masks to healthcare workers in our area. Please go to their website to donate. They are also seeking batting fabric for surgical masks, which you can find on Amazon.com.
Help Us, Help Those in Need
We’d like to introduce the Assumption Cares Ministry
This ministry began because people have reached out and offered to serve.
Our goal is to connect “high-risk” people in need in the Emerson Community with people who can help.
We hope you will help us to:
1. Get the word out to any neighbor or friend - have them call us
2. Become a Volunteer
(All Volunteers must be willing to let us share your name and phone number with a person in need)
If you have a request or would like to Volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Rectory at 201-262-1122.
We hope to have a list of “Services Needed” on www.AssumptionEmerson.org
8 Ways to Be Active in Your Faith
1. Watch Mass as a family at home at www.facebook.com/assumptionemerson
2. Read Scripture. In addition to your Bible, a number of Catholic resources have granted free access to their online catalogs during this time. These include Liturgical Press, Magnificat and The Word Among Us. Visit their websites to see readings, reflections and more.
3. FaceTime grandparents so they can see their grandkids smiling! Send photo texts to aunts and uncles and let them know you’re thinking about them.
4. Keep yourself grounded. Visit Ascension Press for some great podcasts from Edward Sri, Father Mike Schmitz, and Father Josh.
5. Reflect on what you miss. Did you notice how much more you wanted to go to Mass when you were told you can’t? This is a time to cultivate our gratitude for the freedoms we have enjoyed our entire lives.
6. Listen. Try Relevant Radio.
7. Create with others in mind! Nursing Homes have been hit tremendously hard. Visitors aren’t allowed and group activities have shut down. Sends notes of love and support to area seniors on lockdown because of COVID-1, email email@example.com. We will make sure they know you are praying for them.
8. Practice gratitude daily. Instead of focusing on what we’ve lost, be thankful for what we have.
Please help us with your Weekly Offering
We rely on your weekly offerings to support the work of our parish and its daily operations.
Please remember your Church
- your help is needed.
There are 3 ways to contribute :
1) By setting up online giving through Vanco
2) By dropping your offering envelope at the rectory during business hours 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
3) Through a new online GoFundMe Page. Our parish URL is: https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/church-of-the-assumption1
Online Mass Offering
Online Mass Offerings
Follow Church of the Assumption on Facebook for Livestream Sunday Mass with our Pastor, Father Paul or our Vicar, Father Chris
EWTN Live Sunday Mass Schedule
8am and 12pm,
7 pm & 11:30 pm - Sunday Mass with Father Kevin Regan from America's Catholic Church, the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC.
Pope Francis | Daily Mass from the Vatican (rebroadcast 12:30 pm)
CatholicTV Mass with Bishop Robert Reed (rebroadcast 7 & 11:30 pm) from CatholicTV's Chapel of the Holy Cross
Online Mass Reflections
4th Sunday in Lent Reflection by Jeff Cavins
Mass Reflections with Tim Gray
Sign up at www.assumptionemerson.formed.org, its free.
Ways to Keep the Lord's Day Holy
Ways to Keep the Lord’s Day Holy During Social Distancing
Say a prayer of Spiritual Communion (See below)
Reach out to support neighbors by phone
A Prayer for Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you above all things and I desire to receive you in my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace you as if you were already there. And unite myself wholly to you. Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
Check Back Here Frequently or with Rectory
for Updated Availability of the Following Events
Call our Rectory
Call for an appointment
to pray or speak
with a Priest.
Make Church of the Assumption Emerson, NJ your charity and
Our Church will receive a percentage of your family's purchases!
Here's how you can help...
Sign-in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser. From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page .
Thank you for your support!
2020 Annual Appeal
he theme of the 2020 Annual Appeal is “Shining the Light of Christ.” As disciples, we are individually called to radiate the love of God in our work, our relationships, our service and our giving (cf. Mt. 5:16). As a Catholic faith community, our common worship, hospitality, pastoral care and ministry reflects this love to the wider community. By sharing our time, unique talents, and personal treasure, we participate in shining the light of Christ ever more brightly.
As members of the Catholic Church of Newark, we are united by a common mission entrusted to us by Jesus Christ - to proclaim the Gospel, to pass on the faith to the next generation through the celebration of the sacraments, to care for the poor and vulnerable, and to form our future priests. The 2020 Annual Appeal binds us more closely to this mission through our stewardship of God's many gifts.
Your support of this year's Annual Appeal will have a direct impact on the lives of those served through the ministries and programs of this Archdiocese.
A Gift for You and Your Family from Church of the Assumption
Enjoy a free subscription to FORMED.org - an incredible online gateway to the best Catholic content, all in one place!
With FORMED, you can:
• Prepare for Sunday Mass by watching an insightful five-minute videos
• Enjoy movies with your family that are both nourishing and entertaining
• Enrich your marriage with the award-winning video series Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage
• Help your children grow in character and embrace the beauty and wonder of the Faith
FORMED provides amazing content 24/7 for you to grow in your faith.
It’s FREE and EASY to Register!
1. Go to www.assumptionemerson.formed.org
2. Click “Register Now”
3. Enter your name, email address, and desired password
4. That’s it! You’re all ready to access the inspiring and engaging content on FORMED! We recommend you start with Presence: The Mystery of the Eucharist
6PM Sunday Mass
New Mass, New Music - Sundays 6 PM
6:00 pm Sunday evening Mass with a Worship Ensemble featuring Guitar, Drums, Vocals and Keyboards. We hope this additional time for Sunday Mass will serve all our families.
Share Your Faith:New Evangelization Ministry
Want To Help Others Grow In Their Faith Journey?
If you have a personal relationship with Christ and want to grow closer to The Lord, we hope you will consider joining our Evangelization Committee.
This NEW Ministry will be initiating an ongoing new effort to help others grow in faith.
We ask just 1 - 2 hours of your time per month.
For more information, please call Susan Rector at 201-290-8756, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Mission, Every Day
"Bringing the Power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to You and Everyone Else.
Share the Journey, Don’t Go it Alone!"
Share Our Vision
After many months, and with the support of the Pastoral Council and The Pastoral Council Marketing Committee our new Vision and Mission Statements have been introduced. Integral to our Vision and Mission is the concept of the Pillars and Planks - the elements that will help us build Church by: Enriching the lives of our parish members; Reaching out to others; And moving into the future.
If you have not picked up the launch booklet we encourage you to download it here.
Read it. Pray with it. God Bless you all.