Attending Mass Instructions
1. For daily Mass, the Rectory parking lot side door will be the only door open during daily Mass
1a) At the entrance of the church is a table, please take a pink post-it and put it by your seat, so we can clean your area after Mass. You can also use hand sanitizer before Mass, Communion and as you leave.
2. Attendance will be limited to 50 people to ensure compliance with social distancing requirements. Participants must wear a mask.
3. We ask you to comply to our social distancing seating arrangements in church. They are as follows:
Seating must be maintained with six feet of distance between members of one household and members of another.
One or two pews should be left vacant in between rows such that six feet of distance can be maintained in all directions.
All ministers, including music ministers and choir members, must maintain six-foot social distancing.
4. The entrance/recession procession will be done only if social distancing can be maintained.
5. The procession at the Preparation of the Gifts is suspended. Collection baskets (or any other materials) are not to be passed from one family to another, nor shall ushers take up the collection from the congregation. Instead, fixed baskets will be used for donations from the assembly and should be monitored by the ushers until the donations are collected and handled according to proper protocols.
6. There will be no physical contact during the sign of peace. A simple gesture, such as a bow or nod, is recommended.
7. For the distribution of Communion, ushers or other volunteers who are masked and gloved will ensure six-foot distancing in the Communion line on Sundays. Floor markings may be placed six feet apart in the aisles to facilitate proper social distancing in all directions during Communion.
8. Communion ministers must be masked and sanitize their hands immediately before and after distributing Communion. Ministers should avoid physical contact when placing the host in the communicant’s hands.
9. Holy Communion is only permitted in the hand. Distribution of Holy Communion from the chalice is prohibited to the assembly. For those who are gluten intolerant, special arrangements are to be made with the pastor.
10. When approaching the Communion minister, the communicant should make a slight bow of the head, receive the host in the hand, step to the side, lift his/her mask and consume the host.
11. Those who refrain from receiving communion still unite themselves with the sacrifice of Christ. Non-communicants are kindly asked to remain in their places rather than coming forward to request a blessing.
1. Families and individuals should leave the church in an organized manner wearing masks and observing six feet of distance between other households. On Sundays, ushers or ministers of hospitality direct this process.
2. Ushers are not to hand out bulletins or other materials.
3. Clergy and other ministers may only greet parishioners as they exit the church if they can maintain social distancing and avoid physical contact.
4. There are to be no receptions or social gatherings following Mass.
5. It is desirable that pews and other high-traffic areas of the church be wiped down before the next service, with the removal of trash and other items from the pews.